OPYBS Baseball Program:
Baseball Bat Rules
The following baseball bat rules apply for the 2021 season:
- All bats must be non-wood (metal, aluminum or composite) and USABat certified.
- Bat barrel size is restricted to 2-1/4" for t-ball and 2-5/8" for all other leagues.
- T-ball bats are not allowed in Mustang, Junior Bronco, Shetland or Bronco
For the 2021 season the league age breakdown will be:
- 9/1/2013 - 8/31/2015 = Tball
- 9/1/2012 – 8/31/2013 = Pinto
- 9/1/2010 – 8/31/2012 = Mustang/Junior Bronco
- 5/1/2008 – 8/31/2010 = Shetland/Bronco
Exclusive Play Policy
Effective immediately, no player registered in the Junior Bronco, Mustang, Bronco or Shetland leagues of Oak Park Youth Baseball/ Softball shall be permitted to participate in competition on any baseball team or with any baseball organization not affiliated with or sanctioned by Oak Park Youth Baseball/Softball.
This restriction shall apply during the period beginning on the date of Junior Bronco/Mustang and Bronco/Shetland tryouts and ending on the date the player’s house league or tournament team concludes the season.
Interpretation and enforcement of the policy shall be determined jointly by the President and Vice-President (Baseball) of OPYB/S, along with the League President of Junior Bronco, Mustang, Bronco or Shetland League, as applicable. Penalties for violation may include, but shall not be limited to, suspension or expulsion from OPYB/S activities for the applicable season and forfeiture of games.